45 (100 in Conduit 2)
|Maximum Ammo Carried||
180 (300 in Conduit 2)
|Rate of Fire||
|Damage Per Round||
VISOR Binoculars 3.0
|Maximum Effective Range||
|Headshot Damage Multiplier||
The Hive Cannon is a fully automatic Drudge weapon that fires explosive bugs. It is codenamed Hive Cannon because it appears as if whoever is using it has a hive of exploding bugs strapped to their arm. The spread of the stream can be adjusted by twisting the Wii Remote, which allows a pin-point or wide spray. The wider the spray of the hive cannon the faster it fires.
In the single player mode, it can only be obtained through some weapon caches, or more commonly, the killing of Drudge Scarabs.
The Hive Cannon has experienced some alterations in Conduit 2. The Hive Cannon can no longer alter it's firing spread and rate of fire, it appears wider/bigger maybe to look more like a huge alien hive, now settling on a fixed spread & rate of fire, this is due to the developers thinking it was "a bit cumbersome for players and truthfully not all that useful". Instead the weapon now features an alternate mode, in which the user can shoot a pheromone bug that travels in an arch and latches to enemies and surfaces, this bug works as a lure that atracts subsequent shoots from the cannon, and after being fired, the bugs will quickly change direction and seek the target. this lure can be used once, if the player misses the target, he/she must press again the alt. fire button to recover the lure. The magazine capacity has been increased to 100 with a total carrying capacity of 400 rounds (100 loaded with 300 in reserve). The secondary fire does not seem to use ammo.
The Hive Cannon is long and round, with a wavy flap positioned on each side. The cannon attaches to the users arm, much like the Arm Cannon in the Metroid games. It makes shrieking noises when reloaded and activated and fires small bugs at foes.
When reloading the Hive Cannon, the character places another egg sac on the end of the weapon. It makes shrieking and swallowing noises when reloaded.
When using melee attacks with the Hive Cannon, the character punches with the weapon. The cannon itself will even make sounds if it hits an object.
- Pointing the Wii Remote straight will give you a slower rate of fire but the weapon will be more accurate.
- Twisting the Wii Remote will give you a faster rate of fire but the weapon will be more inaccurate.
- In Conduit 2, using the alternative fire can have a few interesting uses, like shooting the lure at a wall to create a line of fire within safety.
- In Conduit 2, the "lure" can be stuck to enemies and friends alike. You can use this to your adventage. Stick the lure to the enemy and then you may hide behind a wall and let the bugs home in on the target.
Because of the nature of the weapon being both ballistic and explosive in Conduit 2, it can be paired with those suit upgrades in a few combinations to fit the player's strategy. It should be noted that the explosive and ballistic properties of the projectiles are always seen when shots hit something, however if the shots hit the target lure directly they will simply disappear leaving no damage or explosion.
Conduit 2 Store DescriptionEdit
Cost: 7,500 Credits This fully-automatic weapon fires non-autotomous Para-Mite larvae that streaks torward the target and detonates on impact. The alternative fire lobs a pheromone spore that draws all subsequent larvae shots torward it. Category: Ballistics, Explosive
Conduit 2 Online Weapon StatisticsEdit
Note: Weapon statistics apply differently offline.
"This fan favorite mid-range weapon fires a rapid stream of explosive bugs. The secondary fire launches a glob of pink goo that acts as a lure, allowing users to shoot around corners or objects!"
- Clip Size - 100 Rounds
- Damage - 9.0 (splash)
- Lure tag damage - 3.0 every 2.5 seconds (only the target can receive damage)
- Secondary Fire - Launch Lure
- Headshot Multiplier - none
- Note: The explosions from this gun can damage enemies through walls.
Beneficial Suit UpgradesEdit
- Explosive Focus (Primary)
- Ballistic Focus (Primary)
- Improved Explosives (Secondary C)
- Improved Ballistic Damage (Secondary C)
- When Mr.Ford equips this weapon, it shrieks in discomfort. This indicates that the weapon may be alive.
- When the player stands still it can be seen that the gun appears to be "breathing".
- Although it appears that the gun is loaded with Egg Sacs, ammo picked up for it is indicated as Bio-mass. Bio-mass is always shown as orange, whereas the Hive Cannon is loaded with a white ball. It could possibly be a weaker type of Bio Mass, or one designed specifically for the Hive Cannon.
- The new alt mode of the cannon was inspired by the Fifth Element movie. In one particular scene, the antagonist uses a multi-purpose weapon to tag a target with the first bullet, and then turns around showing how all subsequent shots go after it.
- The new alt fire is also similar to the Chimeran Bullseye rifle from the Resistance series.
- It bears a striking resemblance to the Hivehand from Half-Life, as they both fire insects that track their target.
- In Conduit 2, the Hive Cannon is capable of the single highest damage per second when attaching generators in the Power Surge game mode.
|Weapons in Conduit series|
|Conventional weapons||USP45 • SCAR • MP5KA4 • SPAS 12 • SMAW|
|Drudge weapons||Hive Cannon • Shrieker • Strike Rifle • Warp Pistol|
|Trust weapons||TPC Launcher • Deatomizer Mk4 • Carbonizer Mk16|
|Prototype weapons||Deatomizer Mk9 • HVS45 • Striker • AEGIS Device • AR-C Eclipse • Phase Rifle • Widowmaker Turret|
|Grenades||Fragmentation grenade • Radiation grenade • Flash grenade|
|Atlantean weapons||Dark Star|
|Others||Drudge Turret • Oil Rig Harpoons • Mounted Turrets • Shield Turret • Claw Bombs|
|Unused||Cyberia Heavy Blaster|